We designed and oversaw the refurbishment of this large mansion (previously used as a convent) and the construction of several new homes in the grounds.
This major project took several years to design, plan and execute but resulted in the complete refurbishment of the principal house, dating from 1795 which is notable in that Queen Victoria holidayed here. The works comprised:
- Conversion and extension of the main horse to create 40 luxurious apartments.
- Construction of 18 new houses in the grounds, comprising 2 rows of ‘almshouses’ and ‘lodges’ at the north and south entrances.
- Conversion of the stables to create a further five houses.
The completed scheme was the result of months of negotiation with the Local Authority and resulted in a scheme of the highest possible standard that helped to preserve and enhance the original house.